Bridlington Masonic Hall Joint Lodge Board © All Rights Reserved.
ST. JOHN of BRIDLINGTON LODGE
Introduction to the Lodge
Click here for a list of the Founders of the St. John Of Bridlington Lodge No. 4434
Click here for a list of the Past Masters of the St. John Of Bridlington Lodge No. 4434
Some 600 years ago Bridlington Priory Church was very famous.
About the same time there was a boy born at Thwing destined to become the last of the English Saints. He eventually became St. John of Bridlington. When he was 20 years old he took the habit and became a Canon of St. Augustine in Bridlington Priory. He eventually attained the position of Prior. He was considered to have been responsible for a number of miracles including his rescue of certain sailors in danger in a storm by walking on the sea and he turned stone into Bread loaves and turned water into wine. After his death miracles at his grave became numerous; healing of the blind, deaf and dumb, lamed and paralysed. Those drowned came back to life.
On 25th September 1401 he was Canonised. He was commemorated in various parts of England in stained glass windows. He was Bridlington's own Saint. An examination of his life shows a loving and untiring devotion to God and his fellow men. We, the brethren of the St. John of Bridlington Lodge No 4434, should be very proud that our founders decided to name our Lodge after such a good man. We must never forget our heritage. Article By W. Bro. David J. Burnett, PAGDC
The Lodge was founded on 7th September 1922. The lodge takes it’s name from St. John of Bridlington (1319–1379)
|Masonic Hall Notice Board|
|Calendar Main Page|
|What is Freemasonry|
|St John 4434|
|Old Bridlingtonian 6843|
|Bridlington Bay 9778|
|Londesborough KT 202|
|Servitas KT 608|
|Walter de Gant KT 656|
|Londesborough Chapter 734|
|Burlington Chapter 3975|
|White Rose 6843|